Seasoned player or a novice, there is no denying the fact that participating in exhibition is a grueling task. It requires a lot of planning and prior preparation to ensure a profitable show.
To help you out we bring you 7 steps you must take that will guarantee a successful show!
1. Ask yourself why? – Before venturing into any business commitment like exhibitions, it is essential you understand and list down the things you want to achieve out of it. Exhibitions are a very beneficial platform for most brands but for some product categories it may not be well suited. Understand your product and brand image and then decide on whether or not you should participate. Another important aspect is to understand your goals. Whether it is sales or exposure to audience you are looking for, you need to define your goal and create a marketing strategy accordingly before participating in any exhibition
2. Lock down your budget – The second most important step is to finalize the budget. After determining your goals you can allot a budget accordingly for your exhibition. Allocate a set budget for the total expense and then break it down for factors such as booking of the spot, exhibition stand designers, staff and such other expenses. Once you have a set a budget for everything, it eases the way for the rest of your exhibition and exhibition stand designing and planning.
3. Tools to measure tangible results – It is necessary that you figure out a way to measure your success at the exhibition you are participating in. If your objective is to boost sales, it will be easier to calculate. If you are looking to increase client base then you can ask clients visiting you at your exhibition stall to fill out forms and questionnaires. When you have ways and means to measure your success at an exhibition to are sure to achieve tangible results.
4. Analyze the image you want to project – In accordance with your goal you need to decide what your marketing objective is. Your marketing objective will give you the exact idea of the kind of image you should project at the exhibition. Chalking out this factor will aid you in selecting the booth design and the exhibition stall fabricator. This is will become the foundation of all your marketing and promotional activities.
5. Select the right exhibition– There are various exhibitions held across the country for different types of products and companies. Selecting the perfect exhibition to exhibit in is crucial and often it can be a bit overwhelming. Choose an exhibition that helps you to achieve your objective. You may research about exhibitions you want to participate and select ones that provides a favorable opportunity to your brand.
6. Select suitable exhibition stand contractor – At an exhibition your exhibition booth design becomes the face of your brand. Your exhibition stall is a representation of your brand and product as a whole hence you cannot put such an enormous job at the mercy of an unprofessional company. Selecting and hiring the right exhibition stand contractor is very important. Your contractor and designer will bring your vision to life and help you achieve your target at the exhibition, so make sure you only hire reputed and thoroughly professional exhibition stall fabricators.
7. Make certain your customers visit! – Participating in an exhibition ensures that you get access to potential clients but it is also a good opportunity to extent out invites to your client base. Existing consumers, old clients and potential customers can visit you at the exhibition to check out what new you have to offer. Sending out invites not only helps to build a good relationship it also increases footfall. It is always good to have a bustling exhibition stall to attract more people.